That moment of inspiration...

It's always near. We can find it anywhere. I generally find it in books. I'll stumble upon it within a provoking passage in a novel, or while trudging through occupational jargon in a textbook. The inspiration may even be in the cookbook I'm using to make dinner. Each day I will take the time post that small moment of "hmmm..." and the thoughts that came thereof.

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Tribute

Tonight, I want to take a moment to pay tribute to one of the finest of the funny men in Hollywood's history. He had nothing to do with my directly having read any materials over the year, with the exception of his news obituary. I invite you to read it as well:

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/11/28/actor-leslie-nielsen-dies-of-complications-from-pneumonia/

Leslie Nielsen, I was first exposed to your Naked Gun movies at what was likely far too young of an age. For that reason, though I have to thank you for creating a movie that amused me from age 8 to age 20 and beyond. It was only relatively recently that I watched Airplane! and I enjoyed myself just as much as I did for 2 1/2 and 33 1/3. Your deadpan delivery and wild faces were always well appreciated in my house. Your Mr. Magoo lives on in mind every time I look at my crazy little bulldog.

Thank you, Leslie Nielsen, for taking the time to make us laugh until our sides split and we had to rewind the movie to hear what was said after the punchline. Thank you. We really, really loved you.

No comments:

Post a Comment